Half Term – Back in Time Days
Monday 25 October – 10am – 1pm
Wednesday 27 October – 10am – 1pm
Friday 29 October – 10am – 1pm
This half term we will be offering activity mornings based on the theme of Costume. We will particularly be focusing on Georgian costume as this was John Wesley’s era (1700s – 18th century)
During the session you will be able to:
- Wear It Like Wesley – dress up in Georgian costume and take a selfie!
- Design Your Own Costume – take a template and get creative with colour to dream up your own costume design
- Make a Tricorn Hat – these super-stylish hats were fashionable for men and boys in the Georgian era – now we think everyone should be wearing one!
- Wild Wigs – Men and women wore elaborate wigs in the Georgian era. How wild can you make yours?
- Lavender Bags – In Georgian times, hygiene was sometimes an issue and lavender bags were carried to distract attention from smelly bodies! Nowadays they are given as gifts to make a drawer smell or a wardrobe smell nice! Make a lavender bag and write a message tag with a quill pen and ink.
To book use this link: Art Tickets Half Term Bookings
Admission with a family ticket:
1 adult and up to three children – £10
2 adults and up to three children – £15
Under fives go free.
A family ticket gives you free entry to the museum for a year, including future family activities in that year.
If you already have an annual ticket, please go to the website and book using the ‘concessions’ category.
Children must be accompanied by an adult.